DNB CET - Post Doctoral Courses 2012-2013
Centralised Entrance Test - Super Speciality Examination (CET-SS)
National board of examinations will conduct the DNB-CET (super specialty) examinations on 22nd January 2012 for entrance to the DNB super specialty courses in the following specialties
Candidates who are in possession of Post Graduate Medical degrees from Indian Universities registerable as additional PG qualifications as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent / provisional registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council before the last date of submission of the application form are eligible to apply for the Examination.
Subsequent to the general eligibility, candidates have to posses the special qualification for the Super Specialty programmes as follows:
1. Cardiology - MD / DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
2. Gastroenterology - MD / DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
3. Nephrology - MD / DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
4. Endocrinology - MD / DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
5. Neurology - MD / DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
6. Medical Oncology - MD / DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
7. Haematology - MD / DNB in General Medicine or Pathology
8. Rheumatology - MD / DNB in General Medicine of Paediatrics
9. Cardio Thoracic Surgery - MS / DNB in General Surgery
10. Paediatrics Surgery - MS / DNB in General Surgery
11. Genito Urinary Surgery (Urology) - MS / DNB in General Surgery
12. Neurosurgery - MS / DNB in General Surgery
13. Plastic Surgery - MS / DNB in General Surgery
14. Surgical Gastroenterology - MS / DNB in General Surgery
15. Surgical Oncology - MS / DNB in General Surgery
16. Peripheral Vascular Surgery - MS / DNB in General Surgery
17. Neonatology - MD / DNB in Paediatrics
The Bulletin of Information and Application Forms can be:
1. Downloaded from the website www.natboard.edu.in (bulletin fee of Rs. 750/- will have to be paid for downloaded forms alongwith the fee for examination) (25.11.2011 onwards).
i) CET-SS Exam Rs. 3650/-
ii) Internet Downloaded forms Rs. 750/-
Kindly note that separate challan/pay-in-slip is to be used for each type of payment
Banks are permitted to levy transaction charges for the above as follows:
Indian Bank - Rs. 30/- per Challan
Axis Bank - Rs. 70/- per Challan
Fees by any other means than specified above shall not be accepted & application
form of such candidates shall be returned.
Last Date of submission of application form (extended) for CET-SS EXAMINATION to the Office of National Board of Examinations, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029 along with the following documents is 30th November, 2011:
1. Bank Challan Report
2. Scannable Form
3. Non-scannable Form
4. MD / MS / DNB passing certificate
5. Certificate of Permanent registration of additional qualification with MCI / SMC (Additional qualification Registration Certificate)
2. Date of CET -SS examination Sunday, the 22nd January 2012
Duration - 2 hours 09.00 A.M. -11.00 A.M.
CET-SS is the entrance examination for admission to the 3 years postdoctoral DNB programme.
CENTRALISED ENTRANCE TEST SUPER SPECIALITY (CET- SS)
The DNB CET-SS is an entrance examination for entry to the DNB Super Specialty. The next session of the examination shall be held on 22nd January, 2012.
Qualifying the CET-SS is an essential pre-requisite for entry to the DNB Super Specialty.
A merit list based on performance of candidate out of 120 marks shall be published in order of merit subject to a minimum score of 50%.
Candidates successful in the DNB CET-SS can apply to centralised counselling conducted by the National Board of Examinations for pursuing the 3 years Post Doctoral DNB programme in various Super Specialties.
The selection will be purely on merit cum choice basis, based on the marks obtained by candidate in NBE - CET-SS. The list of Super Specialties in which candidates can pursue the Post Doctoral DNB programme is mentioned at Annexure E.
The list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB shall be uploaded on NBE website www.natboard.edu.in before the counselling for admission to DNB (Super
Specialty) Courses January 2012 Session.
In case of any query kindly contact :
011-46054605 (Monday to Friday between 09:30 AM to 05:30 PM)
Fax : 011- 45593009 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org